Monday, September 14, 2009

Tomatoes Anyone!!!

This year we planted a garden...it has been years since we have planted one. I wanted tomatoes and corn and that is all I really cared about. We planted 36 tomatoe plants...our neighbors gave us some pants after we already had our in...we never would have planted that many..oh my...they have really kept us in tomatoes. Corey and I canned 49 quarts of tomatoe juice the other day. He was such a helper and wouldnt stop helping me until I put the juicer away. He love the juicer and that was his job. He still keeps asking if we can get the juicer out and make some. Funny boy...he was so good...it was an all day project and he stuck by my side...even after Craig came home from school. I am sad that I did not get any picures of him juicing...my mind was not on pictures...anyway we took some after the job was done. Now we have to do mandrain sauce and salsa. I do like canning but it makes me think about how nice it is when my my is there to help...actually she does most of it I figured out...after 30 phone calls to her all day we got the job done!!

No comments: