Thursday, October 21, 2010

Salt Lake Trip

The kids had Thurs and Friday of the first week of October off of school so we decided to go visit Robert, tour the University of Utah, and go to LAGOON. It was so much fun and we are so glad we went. We didnt spend a ton of time with Robert but we appreciated him letting us stay there and seeing him what little we did. Mary and Troys family were down there to so it was fun to see them a little bit too.


Amber and I toured the University from 1:00 until and little after 5 on Friday. It was well worth the time and I really think that Amber really got excited and is ready to head to college now. It felt so weird going through and campus for a daughter..really I dont feel I should be this old!!! Im glad we were able to do this for Amber though..she meet with a nursing advisor as well and that was very helpful to her. While we were doing all this Clint took the other kids to The Aquarium located in Sandy.. I really think Amber was greatful to see the van leave the parking lot..hehe!!!
Heather was instructed to take pictures...when they got back I asked if she did and she said yes....but....not of anyone...just the fishes and things....silly girl!!!


After that we all rode the trolleys and train and meet at the mall...Heather left the camera in the car at the train station...hence no Salt Lake pics..one from my cell phone..it was too dark so I didnt take many.

We headed back to Roberts by 9:30 on the Train...our favorite thing!!!!


The next morning we headed to Lagoon where I didnt take any pictures except for 1 of Corey from my phone. I didnt want to carry around the camera and since we didnt have to have a stroller this year I was selfish and didnt take it...I love riding the rides and ride as many as I can so who can be bothered with a camera. We had a ton of fun..It was all decked out with Halloween things and come night spooky people came out all dresses up to scare...Corey was thrilled with it...Amber and Heather were freaked out and wanted to stay in the kid section where they wouldnt scare you...silly girls...all in all we had tons of fun and stayed until 9:30..we waited for Corey to say he was done..he rode like crazy and wanted on the biggest rides he could go on..no little kids rides for him anymore...we love lagoon...Oh Amber was not feeling the greatest after a few rides so hung out with Corey most of the time..Sh was a good sport for not feeling great.

I stole these from Mary...Sunday morning we all just hung out at Roberts before we all headed home. We are so thankful for Robert. He has such a beautiful place and the kids love it there.




The trip home was lots of fun...Amber was in a silly mood and we were so goofy and had a great time....we stopped like 3 times before we were even 50 miles away and that seemed to be funny to us...maybe we were tired...nobody slept the whole way home though which surprised me...I really thought Corey would...We got home about 9:30 pm..unpacked..and headed to bed to be ready for school tomorrow!!!

We stopped at Shoshone Falls for some site seeing...

No comments: