Thursday, October 21, 2010

Finally TREK Photos.....

Ok, I know this has been a long time coming but I have to back track to the last week of July which changed our lives forever. Clint, Amber, Heather and I were fortunate enough to be able to go on a trek to Wyoming with our Stake Church Youth Group. It was simply AMAZING. There really are no words to describe all of our feelings. We had the time of our lives and you will see by the millions of pictures we took. We surly received a great love for our great pioneers that came before us. We were closer because all of the worldly distraction were not there. Seriously it was a surreal experience and I would hope that everyone would take the chance to go if it ever comes your way. I know we would definitely pack and go tonight if we had the chance.
Here we are ready to go...as you can see we are sooooo clean and excited...so get ready for tons of pictures...we took close to 400...oh my!!!



Finally we arrived after a very very very long bus ride.........


The First night we hiked 6 or 7 miles and it was terrific the spirit we felt and things we learned... Then we ate dinner and had some square dancing which I didnt get pictures of because we were setting up camp.
the next morning we woke bright and early, packed up, had breakfast and were off for out 15 mile day hiking over Rocky Ridge....I was nervous but it turned out to be amazing and not as difficult and I had thought for me...I did get some major blister between my toes but was fine!!



HAPPY AND READY TO GO......

This just warmed my heart and was such an amazing site I had to catch it...here we go!!!!

Break Time...Maybe half way at this point...still everyone happy...notice we are not as clean as we used to be :).....

That evening we had a great fireside by our stake presidency. It was so wonderful and the spirit was so strong...Im pretty sure we were all humbled and close to the spirit by then. As we left the fireside we walked past the graveside of the ones that died on Rocky Ridge. There was no talking or any noise..it was such a truly sweet spirit that night....the next morning we packed up, had breakfast and headed to Martins Cove...another truly amazing spiritual day....we only hiked for maybe 6 miles but it seemed harder...a little warm...but the spirit was amazing!!!

That evening we had a ward fireside which was very very spiritual. The testimonies by the youth were amazing and I realized they were experiencing things the way I would hope they would. What special youth we have today...I am so blessed to be able to be surrounded by them...the next morning we packed up and headed to Salt Lake...YIPEE...this is what we have been working towards...the TEMPLE.
Seriously everyone was so wonderful this whole time...packing their own things and tents. We never had any complaints at all and always had each other helping one another. It was so wonderful to watch!!

Now this next pictures is SWEET I think...the bus ride to Salt Lake was very calm...for awhile anyway....

But...some didnt sleep all the way...Notice Heather is a large part of this noise...generally I could ALWAYS here her voice...she sure enjoys life!!

Amber decided it would be a great idea to take some before and after pictures of some characters.....

And we finally arrive it Salt Lake and check into the Shilo Inn....the showers were amazing and the water was even warm...we had heard rumors of having cold water with that many people showering at once..but didnt happen this time. Our baptisms were not until 8:00 pm so we had time to shower eat lunch and go see some sights...




Next we head to the temple with a wonderful surprise from Audrey Brown for the youth..She was there waiting to see everyone...she has been down here receiving and bone marrow transplant for her leukemia. Everyone was so thrilled to see her. What a great icing to our trip

Now....there are really no words that can express our time in the temple. We had many tears shed and all of happiness and joy and overwhelming love felt for our ancestors. What a special experience we had that I know these youth will always remember....it was simply AMAZING...i know I keep saying that but really there are no other words.

We went back to the motel and Bishop got pizza for our ward...everyone was starving..it was like 10:30 by the time we came back. It was terrific to sleep in beds that night but we were up and ready to go but 7 the next morning...tons to see..soo fun....the ways these kids bonded and were friends during this whole time was so fun!! We really had some kids come out of there shell...have I said how AMAZING this has been this whole time...well it WAS!!!



We had the great opportunity to heard from Elder Grow in the Assembly Hall the last two hours before we headed home. It was such an amazing way to end this great time. He had the youth come prepared with questions that a prophet could answer. It was fun to hear their questions and also hear his answers. We learned and felt the spirit so much. He was a great speaker..I think we could have listened for hours more...well I could have.
Well time to load the bus and head home....it really was a bitter sweet. I was excited to come home and see the boys but I really did not want this to end...it was hard...The bus ride home was a little crazy but we really had some fun...laughing and be together and having a great time.


Like I said it was very hard to say goodbye and have this end. Over the few days following I seriously felt like I was walking on air...it was so surreal...even Heather made the comment she didnt want to watch TV or anything...it was such a great spirit we carried around.. I am so thankful for this tremendous experience that we were able to have. I am especially thankful that we got to experience it with Amber and Heather. It really made it so much more special. I hope someday our whole family can go back.

No comments: