Sunday, May 31, 2009

Eremurus picking....

So Friday we picked Eremurus. We have already sent one load to Portland so this will be our second load. Thursday we picked 2 bins and Thursday we picked 4 bins. This was all in between also picking peonies. Yes we are running ragged but realize that this only last for about 3 weeks and we can handle it that long. My back is totally good now..thanks goodness I was wondering...it survived the conditioning. We will load the truck Sunday afternoon so it can be sitting in Portland Monday morning. I will take pictures of that whole process and post tomorrow so you can see..it is pretty cool and you can see how big he bins are. Friday was really fun though even though we did a ton of work. We had a great crew and just worked fast!!

Patrick, Teresa's son is a great carrier...he always has the stems straight which makes my job incredibly easy!!! I told him he needed to hold a seminar during lunch and teach everyone how to do it. He is a great sport even though I give him a bad time (he gives me a bad time too...so don't feel sorry for him). I really enjoy joking with him and he makes work fun. He had a great time riding in the bin to hold the flowers in place when we moved the tractor a long ways in the field. It was so incredibly hot that he loved sitting in the water. I couldn't pass up the photo opp though!! Patrick we appreciate your hard work and your example in keeping the flowers straight...I do think it was rubbing off on some(KEVY BABY) by the end of the day.

Our great crew that worked hard all day. Clint promised everyone a BBQ if we could fill 4 bins. I didn't take pictures because I was so tired I didn't even think about it actually....but the BBQ was a lot of fun and great food. Working is great fun and it is fun to work with fun people. Thanks everyone for your excellent work!!

1 comment:

Mary T. said...

Oh my--that kinda makes me miss the days when I helped you in the flowers--we had the radio up as loud as it wouuld so---Ken thought we were CRAZY--maybe he was right! :)